Software Test Engineer (STE), Entry
Skyward App Company is looking for driven, dedicated test engineers to join our team at our Columbia, Maryland office.
At Skyward we work in some of the fastest growing industries, giving our employees the opportunity to take an active role in leading our efforts to deliver cutting edge software solutions. Our engineers are the key to success in our mission. They are involved in every aspect of the project life-cycle including research, design, coding, code reviews, and testing. If you enjoy working on innovative solutions to complex problems that solve real world issues, Skyward is the right fit for you.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about quality and an advocate of improvement. In this role, you will help build testing strategies for the product on both web and mobile platforms. You’ll be responsible for the overall quality of the product and will work with our team to design test plans and testing infrastructure on multiple projects. A Test Engineer must be methodical and detail-oriented, but should also be able to apply creative thinking to help document and diagnose software issues and problems. You will also need effective communication skills since you would be working in a small development team interacting with designers, developers, testers, and managers.
- Functionality, Accessibility, Platform testing
- Cross browser/OS testing, Regression testing
- Performance and Load testing
- Assisting in investigation and prioritization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of continuous integration and deployment tools
- Experience working with cloud based systems (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services)
- An understanding of and appreciation for milestones, schedules, deadlines, and efficient development processes
- Education requirements are flexible and equivalent work experience is acceptable:
- At least an Associate Degree in Computer Science or related field, or
- 2 years experience in a related field
Ideal candidates will have:
- Strong grasp of various QA and Agile methodologies
- Experience in an Agile team environment
- Experience or education in SQL databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres)