Software Engineer, Intermediate (Full Stack)
Skyward App Company is looking for experienced and dedicated software engineers to join our team full time at our Columbia, Maryland office.
Skyward is a software development company that focuses on markets experiencing new growth through technology, with a focus on agriculture and the environment. We provide a comprehensive solution for our clients, taking their idea from inception to release and beyond, covering the entire SDLC.
What can Skyward offer you?
- We’re located in a spiffy office with a great location between Baltimore and DC.
- We’ve got a stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages, monthly game nights, and a relaxed atmosphere.
- Skyward has you covered with benefits including health/dental/life insurance, Vacation/PTO, a 3% match on retirement fund contributions, in-house tech classes, casual work environment, and new hire mentoring.
- Our projects are useful and important – so your work is relevant, and we are never too busy to listen to the good ideas of our developers.
We also understand the importance of work-life balance. While this role will require you to be in the office each week, we can be flexible to support your schedule. The needs of family, friends, and health are important, and we want to ensure that our employees are happy as well as productive.
At Skyward we work in some of the fastest growing industries, providing employees the opportunity to take an active role in leading our efforts to deliver cutting-edge software solutions. Our engineers are the key to success in our mission – they are involved in every aspect of the project life-cycle including research, design, coding, code reviews, and testing.
They are able to effectively design, implement, and test new features and are comfortable working across platforms such as Windows, Linux, Raspberry Pis, Azure Cloud, and Amazon EC2 Clouds.
Skyward App Software engineers have effective communications skills that are utilized working in small development teams and interacting with designers, testers, managers, and customers.
If you enjoy finding innovative solutions to complex problems that solve real-world issues, Skyward is the right fit for you.
- 2+ years of experience developing for client-side Web technologies, such as jQuery, knockout.js, or Angular.js
- 2+ years of experience developing for server-side Web technologies, such as PHP, ASP.NET
- 2+ years of experience with SQL databases, such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres
- 6+ years of experience working with cloud-based systems (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services)
- An understanding of and appreciation for milestones, schedules, deadlines, and efficient development processes
Ideal candidates will have:
- Passion for development and user interface design
- Experience in an Agile team environment
- Cross-platform development experience, especially using technologies like Mono
- Experience leading development projects