Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Intermediate
What can Skyward offer you?
We’re located in a spiffy office with a great location between Baltimore and DC.
We’ve got a stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages, monthly game nights, and a relaxed atmosphere.
Skyward has you covered with benefits including health/dental/life insurance, Vacation/PTO, a 3% match on retirement fund contributions, in-house tech classes, casual work environment, and new hire mentoring.
Our projects are useful and important – so your work is relevant, and we are never too busy to listen to the good ideas of our developers.
We also understand the importance of work-life balance. While this role will require you to be in the office each week, we can be flexible to support your schedule. The needs of family, friends, and health are important, and we want to ensure that our employees are happy as well as productive.
They are able to effectively design, implement, and test new features and are comfortable working across platforms such as Windows, Linux, Raspberry Pis, Azure Cloud, and Amazon EC2 Clouds.
Skyward App Software engineers have effective communications skills that are utilized working in small development teams and interacting with designers, testers, managers, and customers.
- 2+ years of experience developing for client-side Web technologies, such as jQuery, knockout.js, or Angular.js
- 2+ years of experience developing for server-side Web technologies, such as PHP, ASP.NET
- 2+ years of experience with SQL databases, such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres
- 6+ years of experience working with cloud-based systems (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services)
- An understanding of and appreciation for milestones, schedules, deadlines, and efficient development processes
Education (equivalent work experience considered)
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 2+ years of experience
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 4+ years of experience
Ideal candidates will have
- Passion for development and user interface design
- Experience in an Agile team environment
- Cross-platform development experience, especially using technologies like Mono
- Experience leading development projects
Want to work for us?
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job position you are applying for in the title.