Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Intermediate
Skyward App Company is looking for top-notch, driven, and dedicated SDETs to join our team at our Columbia, Maryland office.
At Skyward we work in some of the fastest growing industries, giving our employees the opportunity to take an active role in leading our efforts to deliver cutting edge software solutions. Our engineers are the key to success in our mission. They are involved in every aspect of the project life-cycle including research, design, coding, code reviews, and testing. If you enjoy finding innovative solutions to complex problems that solve real world issues, Skyward is the right fit for you.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about quality and an advocate of automated testing. In this role, you will build test strategy for the product on both web and mobile platforms. You’ll be responsible for the overall quality of the product and will work with our team to design test plans and testing infrastructure on multiple projects. A Software Design Engineer in Test must be methodical and detail-oriented, but must be able to apply creative thinking to help document and diagnose software issues and problems. You will also need effective communications skills as you work in small development teams interacting with designers, developers, testers, managers and customers. As a small company, we are looking for someone who is comfortable rapidly shifting focus to wherever it is needed to help support your coworkers, clients, and products.
- Creating and managing test automation systems and processes.
- Designing, building and maintaining intelligent test systems that can exercise various use cases.
- Promoting teamwork and a positive atmosphere to increase productivity
- Test strategy development and evangelism
- Assisting in investigation and prioritization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience or education in SQL databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres)
- Strong grasp of various QA and Agile methodologies
- An understanding of and appreciation for milestones, schedules, deadlines, and efficient development processes
- Experience or education in developing for iOS, Android/Java or .NET
- Education requirements are flexible and equivalent work experience is acceptable:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years experience, or
- 4 years experience in a testing role
Ideal candidates will have:
- Knowledge of continuous integration and deployment tools
- Experience in an Agile team environment
- Experience working with cloud-based systems (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services)
- Working knowledge of C#, nunit, test harnesses, and continuous integration